Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back from a break with more food to love!

Sorry gang- I got in a cooking slump, life got busy and I went on vacation. As a result, it's been WAY too long since I blogged last :) Have no fear, I'm back...and ready for Spring to inspire some new recipes!

On my last trip to the grocery store, I found some Sirloin Steaks that were priced "Managers Special". I bought them along with some veggies to make a stir fry. Hubby said stir fry did not sound appealing, so I tried another take on the Philly Cheese Steak.


For this recipe, I used about 1 lb of Sirloin Steak, 1 Green Bell Pepper, 1 Pkg of White Mushrooms (8 oz), French Bread, Cheez Whiz and various seasoning.

To get extra tender meat, cut into paper thin slices and just sear in your skillet. My steak turned out so great this time!

In a large skillet, heat the oil of your choice over Medium High heat. Add veggies and cook until they start to become tender. Then add your meat.

Cook meat until it just turns brown. Don't over cook it or it will become tough. Season with salt, pepper and a little Worcestershire Sauce. I put my bread in the oven for a few minutes to heat while I cooked the meat and veggies.


I'm not one for processed foods, but I did go traditional this time and top mine with Cheez Whiz. I must admit, it was super tasty :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks wonderful, Cheez Whiz and all! I'm glad you're back, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete