Sunday, February 20, 2011

How can you NOT love cookie dough?!!

I will admit it, I have a weakness for cookie dough. However, I think my husband actually prefers cookie dough to baked cookies!! When I saw this recipe, I knew it was perfect. I decided to make Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls for Valentine's Day...and I dipped them in chocolate :)


For all you cookie dough lovers out there...these will indulge your need for dough safely. No eggs!!

In a large bowl, cream softened butter with sugar. Stir in flour, vanilla, and water. I also added a 1/2 tsp of salt to the dough, because I love a little salt with chocolate. Mix in semi-sweet mini chips.


I used a scoop to get all the dough balls the same size and then rolled to give them a nice shape. I froze for about 1 hour at this point.

In a narrow, but deep bowl...melt your chocolate coating. I use chocolate Almond Bark.

I like to use a two fork method to remove the chocolate dipped dough balls.

About every five balls, I stopped to top them with sprinkles. Act quickly, before the chocolate dries.

A total of 50 delicious cookie dough balls. They are a little difficult to eat right out of the freezer. I actually like them better after they come to room temp. Store in the freezer and if you are really a dough fan, make some mini dough balls to add to ice cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment