Monday, May 2, 2011

Anyway you cook them...I love Brats! (The sausage, not small children!)

Pregnancy has just killed my cooking lately! I've been in such a food rut...and it's about to get worse. I'm meeting with a nutritionist today to learn about my new diet for Gestational Diabetes. Sorry folks, my blogs about sweets and bread are going to disappear until this baby comes! They will be replaced by whatever new meals I involve in my diet...probably even healthier than what I've been making! Here's my dinner from last week...my last meal on white sub rolls!!


Start by cooking your favorite brats in a large pan. I add the brats, plus about 1/2 TBS of olive oil and about 1 cup of water.

While the brats cook, chop two large green peppers and thinly slice one large onion.

As the brats cook- the water will evaporate and the casings will brown. Flip them at least once in the water and once in the dry pan.

When cooked through- remove from the skillet and allow to rest.

Add peppers and onions to the same pan with about 2 tsp of olive oil. Cook over Medium heat until soft.


After the brats have been sitting for about 10 min- slice into chunks.

Throw them back into the cooked peppers and onions to re-heat.

Load onto a sub roll and top with spicy yellow mustard! A delicious way to enjoy brats when the weather doesn't cooperate for grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment