Monday, May 2, 2011

If you love Orange Julius...

Simple and so sweet! I have a large amount of orange juice concentrate in the freezer, so I decided to make my daughter a very special treat!! This is a knock off Orange Julius, easy to make at home and just as sweet! I'm going to miss these :(


This recipe makes 4 Orange Julius drinks... I modified it slightly from all the recipes I saw on-line. I just couldn't make myself use all the sugar they called for!

6 oz Orange Juice Concentrate (I used Minute Maid Calcium Enriched)
1 Cup of Skim Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
About 10 ice cubes...add to desired consistency
1 Cup of Water
1/4 Cup Sugar...I used half white sugar and half powdered


Throw everything into your blender but the ice and puree. Add ice cubes a few at a time until you reach the desired consistency. You can also refrigerate any leftovers and re-process with additional ice the next day. Frothy, light and sweet. An excellent summer treat!

2 comments:

  1. I remember making these one time at your house for a slumber party or sleepover! Yum! Excited to makes these with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look pretty easy...thanks for the idea, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete