Monday, March 8, 2010

Truffle Fudge Cheesecake...because I love chocolate!

Have you ever had a bite of chocolate and thought..."I've died and gone to heaven?" My hubby and I are both in agreement that this gives you that "Ahhhhh" moment with your first bite. Truffle Fudge Cheesecake- the name alone got my attention. I made this for dessert last weekend for my great friend Jamie and her hubby!

First- begin by creaming two 8 oz packages of room temperature cream cheese, with four room temperature eggs. Slowly add in vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Cream until the mixture is smooth. I chose to use chocolate graham crackers instead of vanilla wafers in the crust, for an extra chocolate punch!! I used two and half sleeves of graham crackers. Put in a ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin. (I roll over the bag a few times for fine crumbs)
I added 1 stick, plus 4 TBS melted butter, and 2 TBS of cocoa powder to my graham crackers. I mix the whole crust in the bag- why dirty another bowl?? When properly mixed, it should look like this: Using a glass, press the graham cracker crust into your spring form mold. The glass helps you to get the crumbs tightly pressed to the sides and an even layer on the bottom.
Melt 1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips or chunks and stir into the cream cheese mixture.
Slowly pour the mixture into the crust, smooth the top and tap the side of the pan to release any air bubbles. Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes.
Turn off the oven, crack the door, and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven. Mine didn't crack!!!! Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Decadent and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment