Friday, March 5, 2010

For the love of Peanut Butter!

Peanut Butter eggs might be my favorite Easter Candy! As you know, I was inspired to make my own Easter Candy this year, following in the footsteps of MySweetCreations! I will probably do some of the free form eggs using this recipe: Peanut Butter Easter Eggs, but for my first attempt, I made them in my cute egg mold. I'm not going to go through tempering and dyeing of the chocolate. For that information, refer to my Why I love Easter blog.

Here's how I made my eggs:

Tint your white chocolate to desired colors. I choose 2 for this mold.


Using a Wilton candy paint brush, I painted the decorative lines in the mold. I then placed the mold in my freezer for 10 minutes to set.


After the colored chocolate set, I added a small spoonful of semi-sweet chocolate to each mold and brushed up the sides. Again, I put this in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.


While the mold was setting, I made my peanut butter filling. To achieve a similar texture to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I began with one whole graham cracker in a ziploc bag.


I rolled over it several times with my rolling pin until it was very finely ground.


I then added 1 cup of creamy peanut butter and two tablespoons of powdered sugar. Stir until well combined. You may add additional powdered sugar to make it your desired texture.


Using a 1/2 teaspoon, I added a small amount of filling to each egg and gently pressed into place with my fingers.

I forgot to take a picture of the last step (Drat!), but you spoon additional melted chocolate over the top. Tap the side of the mold to remove all air bubbles and to get a smooth surface. Freeze again for about 20 minutes. If the eggs are set, they will fall right out of the mold and look like this:

My painting skills still leave a lot of the colors still needs a little practice~ but I think they turned out pretty cute, and they are super delicious!


Robyn loves the plain chocolates I have been making for her- can you tell??

No comments:

Post a Comment