Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finding a new way to love Salmon!

When I make Salmon, I always make it the same way. I coat it with olive oil, a few seasonings and top with lemon slices. I bake it at a high temp and serve with additional lemon. I feel most of my blogs have been about my own recipes, so I decided to try a few new options. They were great!!!First I prepared the marinade for Soy Ginger Salmon. It contains soy sauce, olive oil, lemon pepper, garlic (I used fresh), ginger, brown sugar and orange juice. I did not rub my salmon as the recipe states...I just threw it all in the marinade :) Combine and pour over salmon. Place in the refrigerator until it is time to cook...at least 2 hours.

Then I prepared the sauce for the Sesame Noodles. It combines soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili sauce, oil (I used vegetable), garlic, white sugar, green onions and sesame oil (I used half the sugar and half the oil the recipe called for).


I do not add the sesame oil to the sauce to cook, but rather at the end after tossing the cooked linguine with the sauce. I think the flavor is stronger than if you cook it!
I also chopped up one bunch of broccoli with 4 cloves of sliced garlic, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes, a little kosher salt and 2 TBS of olive oil to roast in the oven.

I roasted the broccoli and salmon at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. The broccoli gets crispy on the edges and the salmon was cooked through, but very moist!
As the linguine was cooking, I added the noodle sauce to a skillet to heat through. I tossed with the cooked pasta and the 2 TBS of sesame oil.
The completed meal was amazing! The salmon was a great change for us...very moist! The broccoli is always a favorite and the cold leftovers of the sesame noodles might be even tastier than they were while warm with dinner!! A successful combination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment