Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Easter treats to Love!

As I blogged before, I made my own Easter candy this year! In addition to the eggs and flowers I showed earlier, I also made Peanut Butter Easter Eggs and Jellybean Bark. March was a little crazy at our house, so I didn't get to make my Cadburry Eggs...but I will next year!

First, I combined peanut butter, butter, milk and powdered sugar. I had to add a little extra peanut butter and milk to get the consistency I wanted.


Then I shaped the peanut butter mixture into egg shapes and froze for 1 hour. I then melted my chocolate (I used milk chocolate on some and semi-sweet on others).


I dipped each egg into the chocolate to coat (I like using Fondue forks for this). After all the eggs were dipped, I put them in the freeze to set.


I then melted a few squares of white chocolate and added coloring (pink and yellow). I put the melted chocolate into Ziploc bags.

I snipped the corners and drizzled the eggs with it.

After the chocolate drizzle was dry, the eggs were finished....and DELICIOUS!


Then I melted my white almond bark for the jellybean bark. One full package of almond bark, melted and stirred to remove lumps.


I don't really like white chocolate or white almond bark, but this recipe was too cute to skip, so I added the zest of a fresh lemon to the chocolate...because I love lemon!

I then spread the melted chocolate on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkled with Sassy Sour Jelly Bellys!


Allow the chocolate to set for 1 hour in the fridge, and then break into pieces. It was such a fun treat!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment