Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I love appetizers for dinner!

Spinach Artichoke dip is one of my most favorite foods! I usually turn it into a meal, served with toasted garlic bread, broccoli, carrots and celery. This time, I made Artichoke and Spinach Dip, Restaurant Style! I like it all mixed together instead of layered, as the recipe suggests
First- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. I peeled 5 cloves of garlic, drizzled with about 1 tsp of olive and a sprinkle of salt. Wrap in aluminum foil and throw in the oven to roast, while you prep the rest of the dip.


Next, I freshly grated 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. I love my micro-plane for grating Parmesan!


The remaining ingredients were 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella (I use part-skim), 1 box of frozen spinach (thawed and drained...I use the Rachel Ray method and do this in a kitchen towel), 1 can of artichokes (drained), 4 oz of cream cheese (I used fat-free), and 10 oz of alfredo sauce (I used Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo).


Mix together cream cheese and alfredo until smooth. Add in 3/4 cup of the mozzarella, the parm and the spinach. I also did a few grinds of fresh cracked pepper.


Chop the artichokes and add to the bowl. Remove garlic from the oven, mash with a fork, and add to the mix.


Stir well and spread into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.


Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. I baked mine uncovered.


I also threw it under the broiler for one minute, to brown the cheese :)


Serve with dippers of your choice. I love a little garlic crostini with mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment