Monday, April 5, 2010

Another reason to love pretzels!

I love anything salty! I found a recipe in a magazine a few years ago for chicken breaded with crushed pretzels. I, of course, can't find the recipe now- so here is my version- Honey Mustard Chicken with a Pretzel Crust

First, combine 1 TBS each of Red Wine Vinegar, Yellow Mustard, Spicy Mustard, Honey, Vegetable Oil and Grainy Mustard. This is to coat your chicken before breading.


Stir to combine. Pound your boneless, skinless chicken breasts until about 1/4 inch thick. Coat both sides in the mustard mixture.


In a second bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayo, 2 TBS yellow mustard, 3 TBS honey and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir to combine. This is to drizzle over the cooked chicken.


In a bag, add one cup of whole pretzels per chicken breast. I put mine in a Ziploc and roll over them with my rolling pin until I have fine crumbs.


Take each mustard coated chicken breast and firmly pack on the crushed pretzels.


Place on a greased and foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until your chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden. For great color- spray each pretzel coated chicken breast with cooking spray before placing in the oven. Turn chicken once half way through cooking.


Drizzle with the Honey Mustard sauce and serve with your favorite sides. YUM!


(Pictured -Roasted Carrots and Radishes and Roasted Garlic Couscous)

1 comment:

  1. You had me at pretzels but then you lost me with the mustard... I would, however, still give it a try.

    ReplyDelete