Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I just love Wedding Mints!

So, I haven't blogged for over a week, because I was cooking and preparing for my parents anniversary- which was a surprise!! My parents celebrated their 35th anniversary on August 23rd- and we planned a surprise dinner for them. My preparations began with Cream Cheese Wedding Mints...my mom's favorite :)


For this recipe you need:
Cream Cheese
Butter
Powdered Sugar
Flavoring 
Mold and granulated sugar are optional


Begin by creaming 1 TBS of Butter with 3 oz of Cream Cheese.


Gradually add in 3 cups of powdered sugar...I actually needed 4 to get the mixture stiff enough to mold.


I added mint extract and split my batch in half...dying one half a pale yellow.


After a terrible first batch sticking to the mold, I decided to roll small balls of the mixture in granulated sugar first and they popped right out of the mold!


This recipe made about 50 molded mints...approximately the size of a quarter.


 The swirl from the mold turned out better the longer I practiced...but they were all delicious. I froze them for one week, thawed in the fridge and served at the anniversary dinner. A huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment