Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I really love the Spinach Artichoke Dip at Granite City...help me re-create it!!!

I love the Spinach Artichoke Dip at Granite City. My friend, Jamie, was coming for lunch today- and it's her favorite too, so I tried to re-create it. Here's my first attempt. It was good, but I'm going to have to go indulge in the real deal before I try again :)


 I started with frozen chopped spinach (going to use fresh next time), marinated artichokes, green onions, parmesan cheese, fresh garlic, olive oil, milk and a little flour.


 I love this Rachael Ray trick...thaw frozen spinach and drain by squeezing out all the water in a clean kitchen towel. I used 1- 10 oz box of frozen, chopped spinach.


Heat 1 TBS of olive oil with 1 TBS of fresh garlic- I grate mine using my microplane.


Add the spinach and cook about 2 minutes over medium-high heat.


Add in 5 green onions, chopped until fine and cook another minute. 


Sprinkle 1 TBS of flour over spinach mixture and stir in 1/3 cup of milk with 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. After tasting, I added 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, 1 tsp of garlic salt and 1/2 cup of shredded Italian Cheese Blend.


I poured the spinach mixture into a casserole dish and topped with 3/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes- until cheese starts to bubble and brown. I served mine with little garlic crostini. I think this mixture needs more onion to truly taste like Granite City, and I will use fresh spinach, for sure! Tasty...but not quite it. Anyone have suggestions???

2 comments: