Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I love a good Stir-Fry!

 
After spending a long weekend traveling, I came home craving vegetables!! As I walked through the produce section at my grocery store, I just kept throwing things in the cart that looked good. I was inspired to make a stir-fry!
I chose Mushrooms, a Green and Red Bell Pepper and Green Onions.
I chopped all the veggies into bite sized pieces.




I heated 1 TBS of vegetable oil in a large skillet until it started smoking.


Cut 1 lb of steak ( I used tender stew Beef Chuck) into bite sized strips. Cut the meat against the grain for the most tender pieces. Brown in oil over high heat until browned all over.
While the meat cooks, make the sauce. I used 4 TBS soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1 TBS fresh grated ginger, 1 TBS fresh grated garlic, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil, and 1 TBS corn starch.
Mix until well blended.
Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
Add another 1 TBS of vegetable oil to the pan and cook the veggies until tender.
Add in the beef and sauce. Add more water if the sauce thickens too much. Heat until meat is warm again. Best served over rice. I used brown rice for this. You could also substitute shrimp or chicken for the beef, or leave it out all together!
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment