Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't you just love tiny tomatoes?

I spent yet another day inspired by my finds at my favorite farm stand. My tomatoes are growing, and I have a few turning red, but none ready to eat. I bought a box of yummy grape tomatoes for $1.50 and decided to use them as a side dish for dinner. I also had some Feta to use up, so I searched for a recipe that would use both! I settled on the recipe for Roasted Roma Tomatoes (If you haven't figured it out already, you can click on the recipe name to view the recipe). Obviously I adapted this recipe for Grape Tomatoes :)

The recipe calls for tomatoes, feta, olive oil, salt and pepper, with fresh oregano, parsley and basil with fresh garlic. I'm growing all these herbs, so I was excited to try it!
I used a baby spoon to remove the "guts" of my halved tomatoes.
I then chopped my fresh herbs with the garlic and used the salt here to help break down the garlic.
I then added the herb/garlic mixture to a bowl with the olive oil and black pepper. Add all the tomatoes and toss to coat.
Place tomatoes on a lined baking sheet.
Stuff each tomato with a cube of feta and bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
The end result- super sweet tomatoes with wonderful herb flavor...and the feta was crispy around the edges. Absolutely delicious! Can't wait until my larger tomatoes are ready to I can make this on a large scale. The little stuffed Grape Tomatoes would be so cute for an appetizer!

1 comment: