Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I love fresh veggies from the Farmer's Market!

I had an ear and half of corn leftover in the fridge and had recently purchased a zucchini and fresh onion at the farmer's market...so I made Zucchini and Corn Topped with Cheese! It sounded easy enough...I just cut the recipe down a bit for what I had on hand.

First, I shredded my Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese. I only used about 1/2 cup of cheese total.

I cut the corn off the cobs and threw in a skillet with my sliced onion, zucchini and about 1 TBS of olive oil. I cooked for about 3 minutes, added half a can of diced tomatoes, garlic salt and black pepper.

I wanted to make it and forget it, so I threw this mixture into 8x8 baking dish.


I topped with the cheese and threw in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes while I grilled our Pork Burgers.


Looks like a lot of cheese, I can't imagine using as much as the recipe called for!

The end result, very tasty! An excellent way to use up some great summer produce!
Next time I make it, I think I'll use fresh tomatoes instead :)


2 comments:

  1. Looks good Kathleen. I'm always looking for new ways to get my kids to like zucchini, so glad I stopped by! Recipe saved.

    ReplyDelete