Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yum- I love a fun summer beverage!

I purchased another large flat of strawberries the other day. We've eaten A LOT of strawberries in the past few weeks, and I have 16 jars of jam in the freezer, so it was time to try something new! I looked through my cupboards, fridge and freezer and came across a can of lemonade. Easy enough!

I washed 15-20 medium sized strawberries and cut the tops off. I tossed them into my blender!

 

 I added the entire can of lemonade concentrate (would be even better with fresh lemonade) and 1 can of water to help it move.

 

 I blended until smooth...

 

 and then strained out the seeds.

 

I used a rubber spatula to help push the liquid through my strainer.

 

I added the remaining 3 1/3 cans of water and placed in the refrigerator to chill.

 

Serve over ice with fresh lemon slices. It tastes a lot like a Strawberry Daiquiri...but even more refreshing!

 

1 comment: