Monday, July 5, 2010

I love finding a successful new recipe!

Not sure how I came across this recipe...but as soon as I read it, I had to make it! Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Hummus was a HUGE success! I already knew I loved hummus...but this took my love to a whole new level!
It's rare that I find a unique recipe that I have all the ingredients for. I always keep chickpeas on hand, and I had recently bought a jar of roasted red peppers at the Dollar Store...I just happened to have left over feta from my Greek salad craze!!!


In case you don't have one...or haven't seen one yet- I LOVE my citrus juicer! It literally gets every last drop out of my citrus fruits :) I used all the juice from this lemon (about 4 TBS).



I also made my hummus in my blender and soon realized this was a mistake. This recipe calls for very little liquid, so I had to modify it. I'm actually glad I did, because even with the addition of liquid, it was very thick. I added about 3 TBS of water and 2 TBS of olive oil. I also love garlic- so I added one clove.


This recipe was delicious right after it came out of the blender and I was so excited to take it with for our 4th of July weekend.


And let me just say...it was even better the next day! The perfect amount of heat and even if think you don't like Feta, I think you might be surprised by this recipe. I cannot wait to make it again! Enjoyed by my whole family!


I also decided to experiment with the leftovers...I tossed hot pasta with a few heaping spoonfuls and topped with a little extra feta cheese. It was super delicious and a fun new sauce for pasta!

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. I think I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea tossing some with the pasta!

    (I have the same citrus juicer - LOVE IT!!)

    ReplyDelete