Monday, July 5, 2010

I love mine with EXTRA pickles!

How do you like your Chick-Fil-A sandwich?? I love mine with extra pickles! Chick-Fil-A is the place I always go to eat with my daughter when we go to visit my mom. The three of us LOVE Chick-Fil-A and so I was super excited when I got this month's copy of Food Network Magazine. Every month they feature a "copy cat" recipe. This month- Almost-Famous Chicken Sandwich,
modeled after Chick-Fil-A! I called my mom as soon as my copy arrived, and we decided to put them on the menu for 4th of July.

We were traveling for the 4th, so I prepared the breading in advance. I was surprised to see it contained wheat flour, malt powder and powdered sugar!


This is what the flour mixture looked like after it had been mixed. I made a double batch.


To bread the chicken, you sprinkle it with a mixture of paprika, salt and pepper. Then you dip it in a mixture of egg, water and milk...and then the flour breading.


It was hot- and frying is messy...so my dad fried them outside. We did just as the recipe said, and used peanut oil.


A fry baby may not have been big enough for the 8 sandwiches we had to make :)

Nuggets for Robyn!


Light coating that was perfectly crispy!


Toasting the buns! I like to make all my bread, but for that authentic taste, we purchased hamburger buns.


Top with a couple pickles...or for me, LOTS of pickles! The taste was almost perfect- way to go Food Network! A perfect treat for the holiday :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This looks so so so good!!! I want a sandwhich right now!! Way to go. I'm definitely going to have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen- Thanks for the comment! I actually read a few other reviews today and they said you should marinade the chicken in pickle juice overnight for a more authentic taste. I'm going to try it that way next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete