Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today, I fell in love!

I've been eyeballing a couple recipes for a while. I knew I would love them and that my waistline wouldn't...so I decided to make them when I could unload most of them on others :) Today, I fell in love with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake= The BEST Cupcake Ever, topped with Milky Way Cupcake Icing. What a dangerous combo! Lucky for me, half are going with my husband to work tomorrow, and the other half are going with us for our weekend away with my parents.

The first step in this process, is to make the cookie dough. I made mine a day ahead to save a little time this morning.


Obviously this looks and tastes like regular cookie dough...but somehow, better? It also works best to use mini chocolate chips.


Form into balls using a Tablespoon to measure. I made 24 balls and 6 miniature sized balls for mini cupcakes. I still had cookie dough leftover, so my husband helped me out by eating it :) Place these in the freezer for at least 2 hours- this step cannot be rushed or skipped.


Next, prepare a cake mix according to box directions. I used yellow cake for mine.


I also was not thinking and made this in a bowl that was MUCH too small!


Line muffin tin with cupcake papers and spoon in cake batter until 2/3 full. Place one frozen chocolate chip dough ball in the center of each cupcake.


I also made 6 mini cupcakes for Robyn.


Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the outer edge comes out clean.
I may have over-baked the mini cupcakes a little bit, but Robyn didn't seem to mind!


Next, I had to try the Milky Way Frosting. How could it be bad? You chop up Milky Way candy bars and melt in the microwave with butter, milk and vanilla. I doubled the recipe.


After the chocolate mixture has melted, stir in the powdered sugar. I actually used my mixer for this to make sure I got it nice and smooth. I allowed it to cool and then I transferred to a Ziploc bag and swirled onto the top of each cupcake. The instructions for this were right on- it spreads and smooths perfectly.


I bought these adorable cupcake liners and pinwheels (made by Wilton) for extra 4th of July fun!


And Robyn loves sprinkles...so the mini ones were topped with festive sprinkles!


Umm...yum. I don't know what else to say but...I'm in love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment