Saturday, June 26, 2010

I love Hummus!

Robyn and I took a trip back to my parents this week to pick blueberries at my Dad's Christmas Tree Farm. Our second night there, I made dinner. We were looking for something light and healthy...so we went Greek!

For starters, we had my personal recipe for Hummus with toasted Pita chips.


Hummus is so simple...just throw everything into the blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


I used store bought pitas and cut them into small wedges.


Place pitas on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and season with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes, depending on how crisp you like them. I usually flip them once while they bake.


Serve and enjoy- also wonderful in a pita pocket with fresh veggies. Carrots and celery make great dippers as well.


For dinner, I made a giant Greek Salad. I used the recipe for Absolutely Fabulous Greek/House Dressing. I scaled it back to 8 servings and had to use White Wine Vinegar, because we didn't have any red.

Measure and whisk together- so simple and very tasty!


For the salad I used Romaine lettuce, Kalamata Olives, Red Bell Pepper, Cucumber, Red Onion and Tomatoes. This was supposed to have Feta Cheese on it, but the Tornado sirens went off in the middle of preparing it, and I completely forgot! It was still good without it.


Served the salad with grilled chicken for a light and delicious summer meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment