Thursday, June 24, 2010

Made with love for Papa!

When I asked my husband what he wanted for breakfast on Father's Day, his reply was "biscuits". Easy enough, I thought. I'll go buy a can in the morning- what a simple breakfast. I woke up the next morning while hubby was sleeping in. And then I thought, I make lots of breads, why not try biscuits? After searching for a recipe, I decided on Never Fail Biscuits...the title was promising and I had everything on hand.


Funny- I actually received a pastry cutter as a shower gift when we got married...almost 5 years ago! This was the first time I used it :) I mixed the dry ingredients and cut in the butter until the mixture resembled oatmeal.


I rolled out my dough and got to use another new toy! I recently purchased my first set of biscuit cutters to make the Hamburger cakes for Father's day. I can't wait to use them to make homemade hamburger buns in a uniform size!


I was able to get 12 biscuits from this recipe. I placed mine on a silpat and brushed with a little milk. Baked at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.


I was a little nervous when they came out of the oven. I thought they were going to be like rocks...but I was wrong! Flaky and light!


Papa's card and wrapped gift- wrapping paper was made by Robyn!


I had my biscuit with a bowl of fresh berries...


My husband had his biscuits with lots of butter! A fun experiment, and I must say, I won't buy the canned biscuits ever again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment