Monday, June 14, 2010

My love for Sage!

This is the very first recipe I ever submitted to Allrecipes- and it is still one of my favorite things to make. There is nothing complicated about my Sage Brown Butter Ravioli, but it looks impressive and the flavor is so rich! Beware- this is NOT diet food :) I start by picking fresh sage from my garden, drying and cutting into a chiffonade. I use about 20 large sage leaves, or roughly 1/2 cup after chopping.

The only other ingredients are cheese ravioli, gray salt and butter!


Robyn has to wear her apron whenever I wear mine, even if she isn't helping :)

Bring water to a boil and add ravioli. In a large skillet, melt 6 TBS of butter over medium heat.

When butter is fully melted, add the sage and turn the heat to high.

Stir the butter until it foams. As the foam subsides, the butter will turn brown. It is done now- remove from heat and add the salt.

Your ravioli should be done at the same time! Drain and add to the skillet.


Toss to coat all pasta evenly and serve.


We like ours served with a little fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top. Nutty, earthy, simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment