Monday, June 14, 2010

I love a good salad for dinner!

My husband says he could eat Caesar Salad for dinner every night during the summer. I love to make my own dressing, and it does not contain raw egg. For the recipe, see my Sensational Caesar Dressing recipe. First step- gather your ingredients!
Throw everything into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I grate my garlic in using a microplane, so you don't end up with any "chunks" of garlic. I also stream in the olive oil last. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
In my opinion, if you are going to make a salad for dinner, make it special. I love to make Parmesan crisps to garnish the salad. Grate 1/4 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese per person.

Arrange in a small pile on a silpat or parchment paper.


I also make my own croutons, from homemade bread, of course!!

Cut bread into bite sized cubes and spray with Olive Oil cooking spray. I flavor mine with a little garlic powder and fresh black pepper.

Throw both in the oven at 400 degrees. The Parmesan crisps take less than 5 minutes, so keep peeking on them. The croutons take about 12 minutes, tossing once. In another bowl, add fresh Romaine lettuce and 1 TBS of dressing per person. This is really thick dressing, so it is best to toss the lettuce with it before plating.
I also use 1 grilled or broiled chicken breast, cubed and distributed over two salads.


This is what the Parmesan crisps look like when they are done!


And the yummy, crunchy, croutons!


Arrange lettuce on the plate and top with chicken and croutons. Place Parmesan crisp on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment