Sunday, June 13, 2010

We love it spicy!!

On a recent visit home to see my parents, we went out for dinner. I had a seared Tuna Steak with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. They were amazing. I knew it was something I could re-create, and I did!! I used this Wasabi Mashed Potato recipe, but used Fat Free Chicken Broth instead of Milk and Butter.

You begin by roasting Garlic. I only did half a head of Garlic, as I was only making half a recipe. Place in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Throw in the oven while you make the rest of the recipe. (I did mine for 30 min at 400 degrees and it was perfect).



Next wash and peel your potatoes. I used four medium sized potatoes (made 3 servings).


Cut into small chunks and toss into a pot of cold water.


Boil until the potatoes are soft- about 15 minutes if they are cubed.


While the potatoes cook- prepare the remaining ingredients. I used powdered Wasabi, so I had to add a little water to make a paste. I used a little more than the recipe called for, because we love it spicy!


Drain potatoes. Add in roasted Garlic and Wasabi. Instead of adding Butter and Milk, I added enough Fat Free Chicken Broth until the potatoes were creamy. I always make my potatoes this way- and I don't miss the fat! Season with Salt to taste.


A little tip...I served these with fish. I like to sear my fish on the stove and finish in the oven. I've had way too many burns because I grab a hot pan handle. Instead I wrap the handle in foil. It doesn't get as hot, and it looks funny so I think twice before I grab it.


Creamy and delicious!!


I've already made these twice. Once with salmon and the second time with Tuna steaks. The Tuna steaks were even better because I made a marinade with Orange Juice, Soy Sauce, Ginger and Garlic, and these flavors went so beautifully with the Wasabi. I highly recommend trying these with your favorite fish, chicken or steak. Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment