Friday, July 23, 2010

I love anything with melted cheese!

 With extra French Bread laying around the house this week, I decided I needed to make Paninis for lunch one day! I love basil on my sandwiches, so I immediately knew I wanted to make Panzanella Paninis
For this recipe you need:
Bread
Tomatoes
Mozzarella
Basil
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil


Begin by lightly drizzling the inside of each piece of bread with a little Balsamic Vinegar.

I put very thin slices of mozzarella on both halves and sandwich a couple slices of tomato and a few leaves of basil on each sandwich.

 

Brush the outside of the bread with a little olive oil. I like to  make mine on my grill pan- then I get the same marks as a panini press. I put a piece of foil on top of the sandwiches and set my stock pot on top for weight. I use the foil so the bottom of my stock pot doesn't get dirty :)

 

 Flip- repeat-and Eat!

 

 Robyn won't touch a PB & J but she ate two small paninis. Guess she has sophisticated taste :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds Delicious!
    try taking a look at this website for more panini ideas: http://paninihappy.com/ it is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love paninis- Thanks Trish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a panini maker and never used it. I hope you are ok Kathleen with all the flooding.

    ReplyDelete