Monday, December 20, 2010

I love shortcuts!

In 2006, I pulled a recipe from People Magazine for Christmas Bark. I made it for Christmas that year...and forgot about it! I came across that recipe in my binder recently, and decided it was time to make it again!!! It's basically just an easy way to make toffee :)


Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out saltine crackers to cover the bottom of the pan- I used 32 crackers.

In a saucepan, heat 2 sticks of butter with half a cup brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes- stir constantly.

Pour over the saltines- don't worry about making this perfect. It bubbles up a lot and will cover everything! Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

The butter/sugar mixture gets nice and dark as it bakes!

While hot, sprinkle on one bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

After the chips start to melt, smooth over toffee with a spatula or knife.

The recipe calls for pecans, but I topped mine with some crushed almonds and some Heath Baking Bits...toffee on toffee = deliciousness!

Chill in the refrigerator for one hour and then break into chunks. This is so easy and crazy good!

No comments:

Post a Comment