Monday, December 27, 2010

Sometimes I love NOT baking :)

Every Christmas, I make loads of goodies to share with family and friends. No Bake Cookies always make the list! They take minutes to make, and both sides of the family enjoy them!


In a large bowl, dump 3 cups of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter. Set aside.


In a small skillet, heat 1 stick of butter with  2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of milk and 4 TBS of cocoa powder. Boil mixture for one minutes.


Add heated mixture to the oatmeal and peanut butter. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and stir until well incoporated.

I like to let my mixture sit for a couple of minutes to cool before scooping. The cookies hold their shape better this way.

Scoop onto waxed paper and refrigerate until set. Chocolate Peanut Butter deliciousness in minutes!!

3 comments:

  1. I made these for my friends here in Texas, and they thought I was this amazing baker with a wonderful invention...which I'm not! They had never heard or eaten no bakes! I love no bakes, might have to make those today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites because they take no time and I always have everything on hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cookies! My boss made them for our cookie exchange at work. Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite combinations. I've just started reading your blog - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete