Monday, December 6, 2010

Lovin on Shrimp!

I found a killer deal on raw, frozen shrimp at Target a few weeks back. I needed a fast dinner one night, so I pulled out a bag and thawed them in cold water. I didn't have a recipe in mind, and I didn't have a lot of time...so I winged it!


The key players- Olive Oil, Cajun Seasoning, Garlic Salt and a fresh Lemon.

I combined about 2 TBS each of olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning (or more to taste) and 1/2 tsp of Garlic salt. Toss raw shrimp in this marinade.

I grilled my shrimp on my stove-top grill pan until cooked through...about 5 minutes.

Served with garlic cheese bread, roasted asparagus, and lemon wedges. It was divine and so simple!!

1 comment:

  1. I think shrimp is my favorite seafood! It is so versatile and those killer deals seem to happen just when my supply is running low! These sound good and similar to how my husband will prepare them every once in a while except he broils them under the broiler and doesn't use lemon juice. Now I'm hungry for shrimp...

    ReplyDelete