Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I love the versatility of cake mix!

In college, I first discovered the recipe for cookies made out of cake mix on the side of the box. I've been a BIG fan ever since! I love how fast they are to make, and how easy they are to change up!


The first step is the most important...line up a good helper :)

For these cookies you will need: 1 box of your favorite cake mix, 1 stick of butter (melted), and 1 or 2 eggs...depending on the consistency you are going for. If I add in chocolate chips, I use two eggs. If I make them plain to use as sandwich cookies, I only use one egg.

In a mixing bowl, melt your butter. Add in cake mix and eggs. Stir until combined and cake mix is thoroughly moistened.

Mix in chocolate chips- this was my first time using the Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips. They are AMAZING!

Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and scoop out dough.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Allow to cool at least five minutes before removing from the baking sheet. My favorite things about these cookies....they stay soft for as long as they last, they take less than 15 minutes start to finish and they perfectly fill 2 cookie sheets so you only have to bake 1 batch!!

2 comments:

  1. Holy YUM! I got 2 bags of those mint-chocolate chips at a liquidator store over the bridge in Rainier, Oregon and paid $1 a bag...I was wondering what in the world to do with them...now I know!! Awesome blog and much thanks, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete