Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spanglish- love the movie, love the sandwich :)

If you've ever seen the movie Spanglish, you know Adam Sandler plays a chef. After seeing this movie, my husband begged me to make the famous Spanglish Sandwich from the movie...and for the past couple of years, I've tried to work it into our regular rotation.


It's starts with bacon, which is the number one reason my husband loves it. I always cook the whole package of bacon and then freeze the cooked bacon to use later. Nice to only make the mess once! I love to cook my bacon in the oven. Line a cookie sheet with foil for easy clean up and bake at 400 degrees for 10-14 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon.

The other key players...Tomato, Lettuce, Bread, Mayo and Monterrey Jack Cheese. I lightly toast my bread in the oven and then coat with cheese and place back in the oven to melt the cheese.

Fry up a couple of eggs for each sandwich. This makes a gigantic sandwich!!!

Prepare for the eggs by loading up your sandwich. A few pieces of bacon, tomato, a light smear of mayo and lettuce.

Top with two fried eggs...

And slice right before eating! The yoke serves as your sauce on this incredibly messy, but incredibly delicious sandwich! Not so great for you...but worth the splurge from time to time :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! That looks like a BLT on steroids!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete