Saturday, May 15, 2010

I love cute food :)

No crazy new recipe today- just a little fun with food!! I bought ground beef to make burgers and then decided to hit the bakery for buns (too late to bake them). My bakery had big bags of "Slider" buns on sale...so dinner was decided! To have a little fun with them, I decided to serve them three ways.
First, I used the lid from my peanut jar, lined with plastic wrap to make the right size burger for my buns. 1 and 1/2 lbs of ground beef gave me 14 mini burgers.


I seasoned both sides with salt and pepper and took them to the grill.


For toppings, I used Cheddar, American, Pepper Jack, Tomatoes, Onion, Lettuce, Homemade Chipotle Mayo, Bacon and Sautéed Mushrooms.


Aren't these little slider buns adorable? Can't wait to make my own!


Tons of tiny burgers cooking on the grill...with a delicious side of grilled zucchini.


And the finished product...Pepper Jack with Sautéed Mushrooms, Cheddar with Bacon and Chipotle Mayo, and classic American with tomato, onion and lettuce.


Served with a side of grilled zucchini and Roasted Carrots and Radishes. A perfect "summery" dinner :)


And Robyn enjoyed her first cheeseburger with a huge helping of ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment