Thursday, October 21, 2010

A festive holiday dip you'll love!

Not Halloween, not Thanksgiving, but Christmas. I know- it's not here yet, but it will be before you know it! I made Hot Spinach Red Pepper Dip the other night and remembered how pretty it is. Red and Green...a perfect appetizer for Christmas!


I had a red bell pepper that I bought for stir-fry and fresh spinach that really needed to be used- so this was the perfect option. The recipe calls for frozen spinach...either works great.

I make mine a little different. I start by cooking the bell peppers in a skillet with a few cloves of finely minced or grated garlic. You can add a little olive oil if you don't have a non-stick pan.

Once the peppers are soft, add the fresh spinach...roughly chopped.

Cook until the  spinach has wilted, add the milk, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt and cubed cream cheese. Stir over low heat until the cream cheese has melted.

Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve!

I like mine on garlic toast. The recipe suggests a bread bowl, but this dip really needs to be hot...so I would recommend bread on the side with the dip in a mini crock pot :)

1 comment: