Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I love any excuse to make cupcakes :)

I've been in a bit of a cooking rut this week. Nothing exciting to blog :( I did forget to post the blog of the cupcakes I made for my dad's birthday. The baking temp was off in the oven I was using, so they had to cook forever and didn't turn out as planned, but they were still tasty.


I used the recipe Brownie Batter + Cupcake = Second Best Cupcake. Ever. You need 5 eggs, vegetable oil and water to make the batter.


I had to use two different liners for my cupcakes because I couldn't decide which I wanted :)

Prepare batter according to recipe...not box. 

Put cake batter in the bottom of each liner (I added WAY too much to mine).

Top with Brownie batter and then more Cake batter. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes...mine took over 30 :( Lesson learned...don't bake something in a oven that is typically used for baking and don't overfill your liners. 


I topped mine with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. I made my favorite Buttercream Frosting and added 1 square of melted semi-sweet chocolate and 3 TBS of cocoa powder. The frosting was delicious :)

1 comment:

  1. Those look fantastic, and my thinking? The bigger, the better! Thanks, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete