Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chocolate, that's good for you? I love it!

I stumbled across a recipe the other day completely by accident. Boy am I glad I did! So easy- and I already had everything on hand. I plan on keeping these in the freezer for breakfast or when I need a chocolate fix without all the guilt :)


You only need three things: 1 Box of Devils Food Cake Mix, 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin and 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.

Mix batter, spoon into muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes

I made 15 regular muffins and 16 mini muffins...the minis were done in about 15 min. Note- this will come out looking exactly like they went in...the batter is thick! Next time I would take a little more time to smooth the tops :)


Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. For those that don't like pumpkin...you can't taste it. And for die hard chocolate lovers, add a few chocolate chips. They are moist, delicious, and healthy!!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great recipe! I saw the word chocolate in the title and HAD to see more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything to make these, too...Holy Cow! Those look great, Kathleen...thanks for sharing that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use the devils food mix as-is? I'm off to the grocery store... :) S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the devils food cake mix (dry) the pumpkin and the applesauce...that's it!! No need to add the water, oil or egg :)

    ReplyDelete