Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to love a Killer Zucchini!

What to do when you have the world's largest zucchini? Experiment!


The first thing I did was cut it into three large hunks so it would be easier to handle. I grated it...but only the outside edges because the center was full of gigantic seeds! I ended up with 6 cups of shredded zucchini!


I threw all this into my salad spinner, because it was so wet! I then set out to create the ultimate zucchini cake! Here is my recipe for Crispy Baked Zucchini Cakes :)


Chop 4 green onions into small rings.


Grate one cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese...the sharper the better, in my opinion :)


Throw 2 cups of the zucchini in a bowl with the onions and cheese. Add two raw eggs, grate in 2 cloves of garlic, with 2 TBS of flour and 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. Then, finely crush 30 Saltine Crackers (I use my hands for this) and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. The mixture will still be slightly wet.


 Drop onto a lined baking sheet...use parchment, non-stick foil or a silpat.


Bake at 400 degrees for about 24 minutes...flipping after 15 minutes.


I ate mine two ways...the first time with a spicy mexican sour cream dip. Tasty :)


The second day, I reheated in a skillet and served with a little tomato sauce...even better!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you made zucchini look good...but you know me...I'm just not a fan of it...but it does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband doesn't like zucchini either, but he loved these and Robyn ate so many!

    ReplyDelete