Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I love Cream Cheese Frosting!

I've been searching and searching for canned pumpkin. I couldn't imagine a Fall without making Pumpkin Bars!! I printed a recipe on-line in 2003- it's no longer available on-line, but I'm here to share it with you!


Oops...forgot to put the baking soda in the picture :) Don't forget to put it in the recipe!


Begin by beating the eggs until frothy.


Add pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder and soda. Mix well.


Add flour and mix until smooth.


Pour into an un-greased baking dish....I use a 9x13 but it can also be made on a sheet pan. Throw in a 350 degree oven, for about 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick.


While the bars bake, mix 3 oz of cream cheese with 1/4 cup of softened butter until fluffy.


Add 1 tsp of vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.


Let the pumpkin bars cool....I always stick them in the fridge because I can't wait!


Frost and serve...yum! I added cute little Leaf Sprinkles on top. I love to eat mine cold :)

No comments:

Post a Comment