Friday, September 10, 2010

I love foods that remind me of Fall!

One of my favorite Fall meals growing up was my mom's Beer Cheese Soup. I get the itch to make it every Fall as soon as the temperature starts to drop. I've already made my first pot for the season...and I served it in a homemade Pretzel Bread Bowl. YUM!

For this recipe, you will need:

1 cup of shredded or chopped carrots
1 cup of shredded or chopped celery
2/3 cup of shredded or chopped white or yellow onion
2 beers
3 cups of milk
1/3 cup of flour
2 chicken or veggie boullion cubes
1 lb of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

The easiest way to make this is using your food processor (Shredder). I feed in the carrots, celery and onion just eyeballing amounts and let it fill the bowl of the processor.


Dump veggies into a soup pot with two beers and the boullion cubes. Cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat until the veggies start to soften.


Mix 3 cups of milk with 1/3 cup of flour and pour into the pot. Cook for another 15 minutes- or until the mixture begins to thicken.


I use the same food processor bowl and blade to shred my cheese. 


Slowly stir in cheese and then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.



For a fun new twist, I served mine in a fresh baked Pretzel Bread Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment