Monday, January 24, 2011

A copycat recipe for a restaurant meal I love!

For our first date, over 8 years ago, my husband took me to Red Lobster. We have both been big Red Lobster fans and we tend to order the same thing every time! One night about a year after that first date, I got on-line to see if I could find a copycat recipe for Red Lobster's Shrimp pasta! I found one, and this weekend, I made it again.


The only things I don't keep on hand are clam juice and heavy cream. I don't use clam juice for anything else, but it's pretty inexpensive to use for this recipe- so I buy it. 

Begin by cooking your shrimp in the olive oil and garlic. Remove from the pan and set aside.

To the hot skillet, add your clam juice and white wine. Cook for about 3 minutes, until reduced.

Stir in the heavy cream and cook over low heat for a few minutes until thickened. Add in your Parmesan Cheese.

Add shrimp back to the sauce and toss with cooked linguine. At the very end, stir in your lemon juice and herbs. Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving so the pasta can soak up some of the sauce.

I also made knock-off Cheddar Bay Biscuits...and they weren't garlicky enough! I love the Cheese and Garlic Bisquick mix, but I thought they would be even better if I made them from scratch. I used my favorite biscuit recipe, J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits, and substituted garlic salt for the regular salt. I also added 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning, and 1 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese. The trick to a light and flaky biscuit is to notovermix the dough and to fold it a few times before rolling out.

Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Brush with melted butter mixed with garlic salt.

Robyn played with some of the unused biscuit dough :) These are supposedly snowmen with purses and Humpty Dumpty.


And this was dinner- I was total craving this when I made it...and then my fickle pregnancy appetite decided I don't really enjoy shrimp right now! Oh well, at least my hubby enjoyed it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment