Monday, January 17, 2011

What I love today, I may not love tomorrow!

The other day, I was staring blankly in my cupboards and refrigerator trying to find something that sounded good for lunch. This varies greatly day to day!! On this particular day, I decided on Tuna Melts. They hit the spot that day...but haven't sounded good since! Pregnancy does such crazy things to your appetite. I keep my tuna melts pretty simple- Tuna, Cheddar, Whole Wheat Bread, Black Pepper and Tomato. Easy, Cheap and about 10 minutes from start to finish.


 Start by pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees. I throw two pieces of wheat bread right on the oven rack while it's pre-heating to toast it lightly.

Remove lightly toasted bread from the oven and split 1 can of tuna in water (drained) onto the bread.

Cover the tuna with a few thin-cut slices of tomato and grind fresh black pepper on top.

Top with very thin slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese and bake about 7 minutes- or until cheese is melted.

Two open faced tuna melts with a Clementine totaled less than 400 calories for lunch and filled me up well! Hoping this sounds good again another day :)

2 comments: