Sunday, January 23, 2011

A kid friendly dinner that Robyn loved!

My daughter has her own mini muffin pan, part of a mini baking set. She brought it to me last night at dinner time and wanted me to make something in it. Since it was time for dinner, I didn't want to do cupcakes or muffins...so I came up with a dinner idea!!! We made mini muffin pizzas :)


I took 2 pieces of Whole Wheat bread and rolled them flat with my rolling pin.


A Tablespoon was the perfect size to fit the muffin tin- so I used my knife to cut around it.


I placed the bread rounds in the muffin tin and put them in a 400 degree oven for about 3 minutes- just to toast slightly so they wouldn't get soggy.

Robyn selected pepperoni and cheese- her favorite combo!

Add about 1/2 tsp of sauce to each muffin cup, top with 1 pepperoni and a small pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Pop them in the oven for about 5 minutes- broil for a minute if you want to brown the cheese.

Adorable bite sized mini pizzas. I can't wait to find more fun ways to use my mini muffin pan! Robyn ate every single pizza!!!

3 comments: