Friday, January 21, 2011

If you love Cotton Candy...

Then you will love Cotton Candy Cupcakes!! Robyn and I both love Cotton Candy Ice Cream (Kemps), and I got this crazy idea to try and make Cotton Candy Cupcakes! They turned out pretty tasty, although, if I can find the LorAnn Cotton Candy Flavoring...they will be even better!


I used a regular white cake mix- and made according to the box directions. 

I then split the batter into 2 bowls and added blue food coloring to one and red to the other to make pink. To the pink frosting, I also added 1 1/2 tsp of Raspberry Extract.

I added a little blue batter to each cupcake liner...

And then topped the blue with some of the pink batter. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.

For the frosting, I used my favorite recipe,  Rick's Special Buttercream Frosting.

I then used my mixer to stir about 3 oz of cotton candy into the frosting. And I colored the frosting pink and blue as well :)

I put pink frosting down one side of my piping bag and blue down the other to get a swirl of color when I piped the frosting.

Top with more cotton candy for a fancy treat! These are VERY sweet...and you shouldn't add the cotton candy until you want to serve them, or it starts to dissolve into the frosting :)

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea, Kathleen! I think I can get Cotton Candy oil by LorAnn at my locally owned cake store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!!! I've looked everywhere here that carries LorAnn and no one has it. It's not expensive on the internet, but the shipping is outrageous! I'm not going to spend $15 to get a little bitty bottle. I hope you find it- I'd love to know if it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I remember the conversation on FB and I'm so glad that you made these!!

    ReplyDelete