Sunday, January 2, 2011

Grown-Up Grilled Cheese.... the combination I love!

One of my favorite casual dinner options is the Panini! It's so easy to change up and seems a little "fancier" than grilled cheese :) The easiest way to make it a little fancier, is to make a fresh sauce or flavored mayo- my favorite is a Chipotle Mayo.


For this mayo, I add about 1 cup of light mayo in my mini chopster. I use canned Chipotles in Adobo...add in 1 whole chipotle and 2 cloves of garlic. 


Puree until smooth and refrigerate at least 2 hours for best flavor.

For my panini, I spread a little of the mayo on both slices of bread. Top with some thin sliced mozzarella cheese, a few fresh basil leaves and tomato slices. I also used some thinly sliced chicken from the deli.

Heat your panini press if you have one- I just use my grill pan or a regular skillet. Brush the outside of the bread with a little olive oil.

I use a piece of foil and a heavy pan on top of my sandwiches to press them. Flip once.

Serve hot! The possibilities are endless. I love fresh mozzarella and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar in the summer...and peanut butter with nutella or chocolate chips makes for a fun dessert.


1 comment: