Saturday, January 1, 2011

a little love for some ripe bananas :)

My husband takes a banana to work EVERY day...and I did not take into account that he would have extra time off with the holiday this week, so I purchased my regular bunch of bananas. Friday morning came and I realized I had two bananas that really needed to be used, so I set out in search of the perfect recipe- perfect because I would already have everything on hand that I needed :)  I decided on Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.



I used the ingredients called for in this recipe, with three changes. I added a little orange zest, just for fun...and I subbed 1/4 cup of sour cream in place of 1/4 cup of the oil to make them a little healthier. I also used vanilla yogurt instead of plain, because that's what we had on hand.

Start by mashing the bananas. Two bananas gave me almost exactly 1 cup... I went ahead and just used all of it :)

I mixed together all the ingredients by hand and then added in about 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

I have some large cupcake liners left from holiday baking- so I made 12 generous sized muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.

I like to eat mine warm! These were very yummy, but next time...I'll use even more chocolate chips!

4 comments:

  1. Yum, those look really good. I am in the mood for baking some sort of pumpkin, ginger, or bananda chocolate chip bread right now. I like to eat mine cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my pumpkin bread cold :) Have you tried the Honey Wheat Pumpkin Muffins from AR? I made mine with chocolate chips...they were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love banana bread/muffins! I love to add cinnamon to mine. My favorite banana bread recipe from AR is 'Nanna's Banana Bread.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made that one...I'll have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete