Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I love a tasty way to sneak in an extra veggie!

When I made Rice Balls ala Tim the other night, I knew I wanted garlic bread too. Looking at my meal for the night- I felt it needed a veggie bump!! I had purchased a bag of fresh spinach on my last trip to the store, so I started my search for recipes. The perfect combo...Rachael Ray's Green Gobble'ems!


I made a half batch of the spread, because all the reviews said it made a ton!! You need: Fresh Spinach, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic, Butter, salt and pepper.

Put two cups of the spinach, two cloves of garlic, half a stick of softened butter, 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor or mini Chopster and pulse until creamed.

Split a loaf of French Bread and spread liberally with the spinach mixture. I chose to top mine with a little shredded mozzarella cheese :)

I baked mine about 7 minutes and then under the broiler for 1 minute to brown the cheese.

And it was wonderful! A lot like pesto and a great way to add a veggie to your meal. I could eat a loaf of this as my meal!!  I think it would be great with hot pasta as well.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to try that - I love garlic bread and pesto.

    ReplyDelete